3/6/09

Meditaion on the Our Father Prayer.



Meditation: Matthew 6:7-15


Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name… .
Lord, you are my King and God. I praise and adore you. I am your child and you are my everlasting Father. Right now, I want to come before your throne to honor you and praise you for your holiness. Father, help me keep my mind fixed on you and my eternal destiny.


Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven… Father, everything in heaven and on earth is yours. And that includes my heart. I want to do what you want me to do. I want to say only the words you give me to say. I want to go only where you will lead me. Father, fill me with the grace I need to build, brick by brick, the kingdom of God inside the city of man.


Give us this day our daily bread… . Father, you know I need you! I need your Bread of Life to live and to love, to learn and to grow. I cannot take a single breath without your grace. I hunger and thirst for you. I hunger and thirst, too, for more people to come to know you. Many are thirsty, but don’t even know it. Help me be an icon of your love for humanity. May my life help create a hunger and thirst for you.


Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us… Father, I need your mercy and forgiveness. I also need your help to forgive the people who have hurt me. Father, set me free from the pain of wounded relationships, especially those wounds that have caused me to develop an unhealthy outlook on life. Widen my heart, Lord! I want to reveal your mercy to the world.


Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil… . Father, help me to avoid all occasions of sin.
Give me the wisdom I need to avoid situations that put me at spiritual and moral risk. Open my eyes to the subtle temptations of the evil one, and give me the strength to say “no” to his deceptions.


“Father, I praise and worship you for your unfailing love for me! May I never forget your goodness!”
Isaiah 55:10-11; Psalm 34:4-7,16-19

2 comments:

Micki said...

What a beautiful explanation of the words we mouth so quickly. No wonder it was how Jesus taught us to pray.

maria said...

after 56 years old, i aware there's no pray is better than Our Father, after i have a temptation. thanks for Jesus who taught this pray