4/15/09

Medjugorje the church and what Pope John Paul Said.




Medjugorje the church and what Pope John Paul II Said


by Pio Patrick



On going to church the other day, I was chatting to people as I left church. I was saying what a wonderful experience I have had in Medjugorje and commented that I had been there on several occasions. An Irish lady in our company said that she would like to go either to Medjugorje or Fatima, I mentioned that I had enjoyed both, but also mentioned the fact that it pleased me Our Lady's apparitions were presently taking place in Medjugorje. Whereupon a gentleman said "I wouldn't go there, what if it turns out to be fake. I found this rather upsetting although I bit my tongue as best I could. How and ever for the record can I just say that it can take many years for an apparition site to be approved in the case of Fatima it took thirteen years after the event. Clearly the apparitions at Medjugorje are ongoing. Pope John Paul II Praised Father Jozo the once spiritual director of the visionaries, and said "I am with you, protect Medjugorje! Protect Our Lady's messages!" He also said 'Our Poland is grateful for your every word, for every thing that you have done for us', said the Pope's collaborator, Krystyna Gregorezyk, who gave the note to Fr. Jozo himself in the Siroki Brijeg church.


On another occasion while in North Korea the pope said "THERE ARE BISHOPS, LIKE IN YUGOSLAVIA FOR EXAMPLE WHO ARE AGAINST THIS...., BUT IT'S IMPORTANT TO LOOK AT THE GREAT NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO ARE ANSWERING HER INVITATIONS, THE AMOUNT OF CONVERSIONS... ALL THIS IS UNDERLINED IN THE GOSPEL, ALL THESE FACTS HAVE TO BE SERIOUSLY INVESTIGATED."(L`Homme Nouveau, 3. February 1991.)


I think it important enough to make this a news item at medjugorjenews as thousands of bishops and religious have been to Medjugorje. Indeed Bishop Joseph Ratzinger spoke positively about Medjugorje as a place of prayer, a place where people are converted, spurred by Mary, our Mother. It is the spirit of Medjugorje, something that is very difficult to put into words. something special not unlike Lourdes or Fatima. I also think it worth mentioning that had not the miracle of the sun be witnessed by some 100,000 people at the Cova da Iria in Fatima because people were to afraid to go look, because of what others might think or say, where would the testimony have been, not to mention the witnesses. I know what I have seen and I can bare testimony when that time comes.


So to those people who have not been to Medjugorje, I will pray that you take this wonderful opportunity while it is here and go to this place of pilgrimage. If only to pray to the Blessed Mother which pope John Paul II thought a wonderful thing. And today although not authenticated it is still a place of pilgrimage a place sent with love and peace, a place I will visit time and time again to be with like-minded pilgrims, who care enough to believe in the messages of Our Lady relayed by the visionaries...... Pio Patrick 11 may 2007

1 comment:

thermotom said...

i observed this familiar spirit appearing on the side of the mountain .. in front of the visionaries..

and it is similar to the familar spirits that appear .. at .. the spiritualist church.. started by rev. louis miller in benton harbor michigan