9/6/11

Forgiveness Prepares Us For a Peaceful Death



My Dear People,
Forgiveness Sets Us Free

Unforgiveness at the moment of death is what binds most people immediately to Purgatory. Only Divine Mercy exists in Heaven; not unforgiveness. Even little forgotten unforgivenesses keep us bound in suffering after death. When my mom was dying in the final stages of cancer,she was in a coma. A few days before her death, she was calling out for her oldest sister. I knew immediately what needed to be done. I drove to my aunt’s house many miles away, picked her up,and drove her to visit with my mom. I told my aunt all she had to do is to announce her presence with my mom. When my aunt entered the room where my mom was in a coma, she told her that she was here to say good bye.

It was very moving, but it was enough to bring peace to my mother. She did not call out for her older sister any more after that visit. Whatever was unforgiven inside of my mom’s heart with her sister,was mended on that day before she died. Don’t wait until your deathbed to start mending fences in your family. Ask Jesus to be the source and summit for forgiveness in your life. It will bring you a more peaceful death.

Entrusting you to the care of Our Lady,

~Fr. Mark Bozada~

May we always be ready to forgive one another as Christ forgives us.

No comments: