9/18/11

My Lord, My God, My All


LIFE MEANS...

"For, to me, 'life' means Christ." -Philippians 1:21

What does life mean to you? Some of us would answer: "Life" means family, friends, and work. Life means church on Sunday, Thanksgiving dinners, a new car, or a wedding in the family.

Paul doesn't talk like this. He bluntly asserts: "Life" means Christ. Paul had "come to rate all as loss in the light of the surpassing knowledge" of his Lord Jesus Christ (Phil 3:8). For Jesus' sake, he "accounted all else rubbish so that Christ may be" his Wealth (Phil 3:8).

Is Christ a part of your life, or your whole life? Does everything in your life have meaning only insofar as it is God's will? Is Christ it, all of it? Are you looking forward to death so you can be home with the Lord (2 Cor 5:8) and see Him face to face? (1 Cor 13:12; 1 Jn 3:2) Are you attached to the things of the world, or have you counted them all as "rubbish so that Christ may" be your Wealth? (Phil 3:8) Have you chosen the better part, that is, sitting at Jesus' feet and listening to His words? (Lk 10:39, 42)

Jesus, my Lord, my God, my All! You are the Way, the Truth, and the only Reason for living (Jn 14:6).

Prayer:-- Jesus, I give You all of my life so You can be all of my life.
Promise:-- "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are My ways above your ways and My thoughts above your thoughts." -Is 55:8-9
Praise:-- Praise You, risen Jesus. You are my Life, my Wealth, the Way, the Truth, my All!

No comments: