10/15/11

October in Medjugorje

Some of the many priests who were in Medjugorje
in the month of September- October 2011

October in Medjugorje
date: 10-13-2011

On Tuesday, October 4, 2011 we celebrated the feast of St. Francis, the founder of the Franciscan Order. The traditional and solemn service of Transitus – “Memoria Transitus” was held after the evening Holy Mass on Monday, at the White Dome of the church of St. James. Members of the Franciscan Youth, the Franciscan School Sisters and Franciscans from Medjugorje parish participated in this event, while choir of Medjugorje parish made celebration more solemn with their singing.

Numerous pilgrims who arrived in October, month of Our Lady, were also present and they came from the following countries: Korea, Brazil, Italy, Austria, Germany, Canada, Ireland, the United States, England, Lebanon, Romania, Australia, Slovakia, Belgium, Mexico, Argentina and Portugal. As the last August was the busiest month ever since we keep statistic record of all pilgrims who are coming to Medjugorje.

" September was the busiest September ever since the beginning of Our Lady’s apparitions, with more than 300,000 Holy Communions given to pilgrims."

Roberto Bignoli
*Among many pilgrims, our journalists met Roberto Bignoli, Catholic song writer from Italy. He is the winner of five Unity Awards prizes in the United States, which is Grammy for contemporary Catholic music. In his interview for our radio station, he spoke about songs in which he is promoting Catholic culture, about his life and about his personal experience of faith and about his conversion in Medjugorje that took place back in 1984. He was born in 1956, in a small town in Novari province in Italy.

He spent all of his childhood in hospitals and institutions because his mom was single parent and he was a child with special needs. “I had very difficult life from the very beginning. I was surrounded with poverty, illness and I was raised in institutions. I also had many wrong decisions I made in my adolescent period, including false freedom and pleasures that we were trying to find in drugs and in liberal politics or in the world of spectacles. That made me lonely and empty. When I discovered faith, I was able to understand all of the mistakes and false ideologies that I had embraced in the past. My change and conversion happened thanks to Medjugorje. Our Lady touched my heart and slowly brought me to Jesus, and He changed me in the time that came afterwards.”

He also emphasised how he discovered the world of young people that he did not know before. Those were completely normal young people who were praying, adoring Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and had joyfully been singing to the Lord. (photos)  http://medjugorje.s3.novenaweb.info/en/multimedia/photos/photos/
Inno di Medjugorje in italiano, di Roberto Bignoli   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxVwmAitwPU
Medjugorje Official

1 comment:

Ed Sousa said...

"Dear children; Also today my motherly heart calls you to prayer, to your personal relationship with God the Father, to the joy of prayer in Him. God the Father is not far away from you and He is not unknown to you. He revealed Himself to you through my Son and gave you Life that is my Son. Therefore, my children do not give in to temptations that want to separate you from God the Father. Pray! Do not attempt to have families and societies without Him. Pray! Pray that your hearts may be flooded with the goodness which comes only from my Son, Who is sincere goodness. Only hearts filled with goodness can comprehend and accept God the Father. I will continue to lead you. In a special way I implore you not to judge your shepherds. My children, are you forgetting that God the Father called them? Pray! Thank you." BVM, Medjugorje, October 2, 2011