10/15/12

Anne Frank

Anne Frank Quotes

"I have often been downcast, but never in despair;"

"Laziness may appear attractive but work gives satisfaction."

"I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains."

"The final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands."

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."

"We all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same."

"I must uphold my ideals, for perhaps the time will come when I shall be able to carry them out."

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."

"And whoever is happy will make others happy too. He who has courage and faith will never perish in misery!"

"I've found that there is always some beauty left —in nature, sunshine, freedom, in yourself; these can help you."

"I simply can't build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery and death... I think... peace and tranquillity will return again."

"The only way to truly know a person is to argue with them. For when they argue in full swing, then they reveal their true character."

"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"

"For someone like me, it is a very strange habit to write in a diary. Not only that I have never written before, but it strikes me that later neither I, nor anyone else, will care for the outpouring of a thirteen year old schoolgirl."

"How true Daddy's words were when he said: all children must look after their own upbringing. Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands."

"I hear the approaching thunder that, one day, will destroy us too, I feel the suffering of millions. And yet, when I look up at the sky, I somehow feel that this cruelty too shall end, that peace and tranquility will return once more."

"I don't want to have lived in vain like most people. I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to people, even those I've never met. I want to go on living even after my death! And that's why I'm grateful to God for having given me this gift, which I can use to develop and to express all that's inside me!"

"It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart. I simply can't build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery, and death...and yet...I think...this cruelty will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again."
Compiled by Thomas George
editor@Wisdom-of-the-Wise.com

2 comments:

Ed Sousa said...

Who is Anne Frank?

Born on June 12, 1929, Anne Frank was a German-Jewish teenager who was forced to go into hiding during the Holocaust. She and her family, along with four others, spent 25 months during World War II in an annex of rooms above her father’s office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

After being betrayed to the Nazis, Anne, her family, and the others living with them were arrested and deported to Nazi concentration camps. In March of 1945, nine months after she was arrested, Anne Frank died of typhus at Bergen-Belsen. She was fifteen years old.

Her diary, saved during the war by one of the family’s helpers, Miep Gies, was first published in 1947. Today, her diary has been translated into 67 languages and is one of the most widely read books in the world.

Cuttysark said...

Hi, nice collection of Anne Frank Quotes. Thanks for sharing, i love reading the book.

Cheers and hugs,

cathy