10/13/17

TAG -  Fr. John Randall

‘Plant Me Where I Will Bloom!’

plant-me-002Image Source
The righteous flourish like the palm tree, and grow like a cedar in Lebanon. They are planted in the house of the Lord, they flourish in the courts of our God. They still bring forth fruit in old age, they are ever full of sap and green, to show that the Lord is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. (Ps 92:12-14)
Ralph Martin recently received the following letter from a friend of Renewal Ministries. As he said, it is a “great story of a woman’s journey.” We share it with the hope that it will encourage others to ask the Lord that they too would be “planted in the house of the Lord” (Ps 92: 13). Surely this is a prayer He longs to answer!

Dear Ralph,

I am so thankful for your ministry! You probably remember our wonderful Fr. John Randall of Providence, Rhode Island. He was very special to me. As a child, my mother use to put his radio program on in the house everyday (The Spirit and The Word). I do believe that soaking up that truth every day during childhood had an impact on me.
When I was about nineteen years old (I’m thirty-nine now), I started spending a lot of time at the local Adoration chapel. I was longing to get closer and closer to Jesus! I started asking Him to “plant me where I will bloom!” I wasn’t even quite sure where I had gotten that prayer from, but I kept asking!

Fr. John Randall
Shortly after that, my mother mentioned that a nearby parish was having a Life in the Spirit Seminar. I wasn’t exactly sure what it was, but I knew it was a chance to get closer to Jesus, so I went. It was a turning point in my life; God did begin planting me where I would bloom!
I began meeting with a small group of people guided along with Fr. Randall’s Bethany Discipleship points. Fr. Randall was so formative to me from my childhood—how amazing that he also played such a role in my formation as a young adult! Next to my mother, I would say that he is the person who has had the most influence in my life. My husband and I were married by him. I am so thankful to be able to call on him from heaven to pray for me every day!

Now I am busy on my home front; that’s my place for now! I occasionally get out to a prayer meeting with Don and Pat Turbitt (Renewal Ministries’ country coordinators).
I love listening to you and Sister Ann. It reminds me of listening to Fr. Randall—that truth ringing through that seems to cut right through me! Thank you!!

No comments: